Required certificate, ratings and qualifications
A person shall not act as a cabin crew member unless that person holds :-
- Cabin crew member certificate;
- A rating for the specific aircraft type or is operating under the supervision of a rated cabin crew for the purpose of qualifying for the rating;
- The required knowledge for the type of aircraft and operating position;
- A current Medical Certificate Class 2.
An applicant for cabin crew member certificate shall:-
- Be at least eighteen years of age;
- Be able to read, speak and understand the English language sufficiently to adequately carry out the responsibilities of a cabin crew member;
- Have completed a course of training approved by the Authority proven by a letter from KCAA confirming the approval.
- Have passed a knowledge and practical tests within the last six months preceding the date of application.
Application Requirements for Issuance
- The Cabin crew Member Certificate application form should be duly filled, signed by the applicant and Head of Operation and stamped by the company.
- The current Medical Certificate Class 2.
- Knowledge and practical tests results’ slip. The knowledge test results for a cabin crew member certificate shall be valid for twelve months after passing the examination.
- 2 Passport size photos whose size should be 2cm b 2.5cm.
- A copy of a photo ID or Passport.
- A certificate issued by an ATO indicating satisfactory completion of the training.
- Copies of their company’s competency booklet showing the ratings they hold, Safety and Emergency Procedures Training dates, First Aid renewal dates, drills dates.
- First Aid Certificate
- Prescribed fees Kshs. 2,000.
- A holder of a cabin crew member certificate may apply for renewal if the holder has successfully completed the annual safety and emergency procedure training approved by the Authority every twelve months. This is proven by an endorsement on their competency book.
- Copies of the first 4 pages of this book should be in the application package.
- Duly filled and signed Cabin crew Member Certificate application form.
- The cabin crew member certificate on which the renewal dates will be typed.
- A current class 2 medical certificate.
- Payment of the prescribed fees Kshs. 2,000.
This certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of application.