Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) was established on 24th October 2002 by the Civil Aviation (Amendment) Act, 2002 with the primary functions towards; Regulation and oversight of Aviation Safety & Security; Economic regulation of Air Services and development of Civil Aviation; Provision of Air Navigation Services, and Training of Aviation personnel KCAA; as guided by the provisions of the convention on international civil aviation, related ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), the Kenya Civil Aviation Act, 2013 and the civil aviation regulations.
To plan, develop, manage, regulate and operate a safe, economically sustainable and efficient civil aviation system in Kenya, in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Aviation Act, 2013.
‘To be a superior, safe, secure and sustainable civil aviation system’
To economically and efficiently plan, develop, manage and regulate a modern, safe and secure civil aviation industry while delivering quality training and Air Navigation Services
To fulfill its mandate, pursue the Vision and accomplish its Mission, KCAA will be guided by its core values of:
|Core Value||Guiding Principles|
|Security and Safety||We shall endeavor to maintain a safe and secure civil aviation environment.|
|Customer focus||We undertake to embrace, meet, delight and exceed our customers’ expectations|
|Fairness||We shall conduct our functions and duties in ways that are just, unbiased and non-discriminatory.|
|Excellence||We shall strive to provide quality services through innovation, continuous improvement, promotion of creativity and adaption to new ways of doing things.|
|Integrity||We shall demonstrate professionalism, honesty and commitment to moral ethical principles|
|Team work||We shall promote cross functional working relationships to promote accomplishment of organizational objectives.|
- Achieved an effective and sustainable safety and security oversight system.
- Developed an effective and sustainable air transport system and established a modern CNS/ATM Systems.
- Ensured safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic.
- Attracted and retain competent, motivated and performance driven human capital.
- Became a financially sustainable Authority by ensuring collection and appropriate usage of revenue.
- Enhanced Customer Service through publication of KCAA Corporate Service Charter.
- Established an international aviation training centre of excellence by revamping the facilities and capacity at the East African School of Aviation by acquisition of training simulators and achieving ICAO trainair plus status.
- Became ISO certified to ensure quality service provision.
The Establishment of a vibrant and highly competitive civil aviation industry is critical for the development of any country. In recognition of the foregoing role, KCAA encourages investments from both domestic and international air operators. In so doing, KCAA is fully implementing Vision 2030 which aims to make Kenya a middle income country by the year 2030.