This department is responsible for:
- Planning the man-power requirements of the authority with the aim of recruiting and retaining skilled and competent personnel.
- Developing and implementing recruitment and selection criteria.
- Training and development of employees to enhance organisational performance and support succession.
- Provide support services for the authority e.g. transport, secretarial/clerical support etc.
- Providing employees with a quality working environment through effective personnel practices thus encouraging innovativeness and enhancing productivity.
This entails adequate and fair compensation, safe and healthy working conditions, opportunity for continued growth and social integration within the organization.
- Promoting a strong sense of organizational culture and identity.